Michael House Pregnancy and Parenting Support Services Volunteer Policy Volunteers shall be recruited by MHPPSS to augment the support given to clients by staff and shall be subject to staff supervision. Volunteers shall agree to a selection and screening process: the nature of the screening will depend on the volunteer position concerned. Volunteers shall be expected to be familiar with and respect the Guiding Principles and Mission Statement upon which MHPPSS is built.
Our Vision: To empower resilient women to overcome barriers for the betterment of themselves and their children.
Our Mission: To provide shelter and support to pregnant and parenting women and their children in need.
Living Our Mission:
- We offer a compassionate, strengths-based environment inspired by Christian values which provides for the emotional, physical and spiritual needs of women and their children.
- We encourage positive parenting and provide access to educational, parenting and life skills training that will allow women to make healthy and informed decisions for their family.
- We advocate on behalf of women and their children who have turned to us for assistance.
- We partner with multiple community agencies and organizations to provide wrap-around care and support for women and their families, for successful, independent living in the community.
- We journey with families to create a community where women thrive and feel equipped and supported to lead and love their family.
Michael House, in fulfilling its Mission Statement, supports women who have chosen childbirth. The services are built upon the belief that life begins at conception.