Thank you for giving generously!
Michael House Pregnancy and Parenting Support Services (MHPPSS) respects your privacy. We protect your personal information and adhere to all legislative requirements with respect to privacy. We do not rent, sell or trade our mailing lists. We use your personal information to keep you informed and up to date on Michael House activities, including newsletters, program updates and special events.
As a donor of Michael House your rights and our responsibilities to you are in accordance with those endorsed by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) and the Imagine Canada ethical code. Your rights are:
1. To be informed of Michael House PPSS’s mission, of the way Michael House PCC intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
2. To be informed of the identity of those serving on Michael House PPSS’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
3. To have access to Michael House PPSS’s most recent financial statements.
4. To be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
5. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
6. To be assured that information about your donations are handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
7. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing Michael House PPSS will be professional in nature.
8. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of Michael House PPSS or hired solicitors.
9. To have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from mailing lists that Michael House PPSS may intend to share.
10. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
The Donor Bill of Rights was created by the Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), the Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and the Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits. It has been endorsed by numerous organizations.
Click here for access to our current Annual Report.
For a copy of our latest audited statement, please contact [email protected].